Topics Map > NMSU Services
Topics Map > Windows
Topics Map > Mac
Topics Map > Web Browser
IP Address - How to request a Static IP address
A static IP address makes it easier to work remotely using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) or other remote access programs. Static IP addresses make it easier to use Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) for teleconferencing or other voice and video communications
- Whenever a client requires an address to be permanently assigned to a device, a Static Address should be requested at the following URL:
- After clicking on the URL, complete the Requester Information section by providing First name, Last name and email address as depicted in the image below.
- Next, complete the Device Detail section by providing First and Last name for person(s) who own the machine, as well as contact's Email address. In this section you will also have to provide details for Ethernet address of the computer, Location of the device and the Host name of the device.
- When all that is done you then move to the field below to indicate the purpose of your request.
- After completing the field, click on submit, to request static IP address.