Topics Map > Office 365
Topics Map > NMSU Services
Office 365 - Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
Your password can be easily compromised. 2FA authentication increases your account security by requiring multiple forms of verification to prove your identity when signing into an application.
Setting up 2FA will enable you to sign in using:
- Push Notification Method - A notification will be sent to your smart device via the Microsoft Authenticator app. You will need to press "Approve" to continue with your sign-in.
- Verification Code - A 6-digit code is generated in the Microsoft Authenticator app. You will need to type this code as part of your sign-in.
- Phone Call - An automated system will call your cell phone or landline. You will be instructed to press the # key to confirm your sign-in.
- SMS - An SMS text code will be sent to your mobile phone. You will need to use this code to authenticate your login.
2FA Setup Instructions:
- How to set up 2FA using a Phone Line or SMS text messaging
- How to set up 2FA using Microsoft Authentication App (Smart Phone and PC needed for set up)
- How to set up 2FA using a Smart Phone (No PC needed for set up)
- How to add an additional factor for authentication
You can read more on: Tips & Information on 2FA Authentication