Topics Map > Office 365
Topics Map > NMSU Services
Topics Map > Windows
Skype for Business - Use the whiteboard to collaborate in a Skype for Business meeting
A whiteboard is a blank page that you can use to work together with other meeting participants by being able to type notes, draw, or import images.
When your meeting is over, you can save the whiteboard with the data from the participants' collaboration.
Open a new whiteboard
- In the meeting window, click the Present Content button .
- Click More, and then click Whiteboard.
- A blank whiteboard opens on the meeting state on everyone's screen.
- The annotation tool set opens automatically on the right side of the whiteboard.
- Click any of the tools to annotate on the whiteboard, such as pointer tool, pen, highlighter, eraser, and so on.
- Laster Pointer - A virtual laser pointer. Click and drag the pointer across the page. A blue circle appears in the meeting indicating your name.
- Select and Type - Selects an area to type. You can change font, size, and color by clicking the arrow next to the Select and Type to open the menu.
- Pen - Draws freehand. Click and start writing or drawing in black, or click the down arrow next to the button, and then select another color.
- Highlighter - Highlights a specific area of the current slide.
- Eraser - Removes specific annotation you choose.
- Stamp - Inserts a stamp on the page: Arrow, Check, or X. Choose an option from the menu, then click on the whiteboard to stamp.
- Insert Picture - Inserts an image on the slide from your computer.
- Delete Selected Annotations - Removes the annotations that you've selected.
- More Options - Provides options to select the annotation, undo, redo, copy, cut, paste, paste as image, Save As, and Send to OneNote.
- Click the Select and Type button, and then click one or multiple drawings that you want to move. A selection rectangle appears around the selected objects.
- Drag the rectangle to a new position.
Note: For typed text, point to the bar at the top of the text box before you began dragging it.
- Click the Select and Type button, and then select the drawing that you want to delete.
- Press Delete on your keyboard.
- For non-text items on the whiteboard, hold the mouse pointer over the drawing to see "Created by" and "Last modified by" information.
- For text, point at the text, and then hold the mouse over the solid rectangle that appears above the text when you point at it.
- Click the Present button, and then click Manage Content.
- Click the Permissions menu, and then choose who can download the whiteboard to their computer:
- Organizer - Only the person who scheduled the meeting can download.
- Presenters - Any of the presenters in the meeting can download.
- Everyone - Anyone in the meeting can download.