Topics Map > NMSU Services
Topics Map > Windows
Topics Map > Mac
Sophos Anti-Virus - Download & Install
How to download and install Sophos Anti-Virus on Mac and Windows.
Select the link below that best suits your needs.
Installing Sophos Anti-Virus on Windows Sophos.
*Note: In order to install Sophos Anti-Virus, you must remove all other anti-virus programs from your machine.
1. Begin by visiting the Licensed Software Downloads page. Scroll down the list of options, under the "Sophos section", select Windows to download Sophos for windows. After download has been completed, navigate to the "SophosWin Installer" and click on the installer icon to start installation process (You can find this in you download files).
Note: You will be prompted if you "want the unknown publisher to make changes to your computer", click Yes to proceed Installation.
Note: if prompted to provide "Username and Password", please use your myNMSU password and Username, to confirm that you are an NMSU affiliate.
2. After clicking on Yes, the Installation process will begin.
*Note: that the Installation process takes about 5-10 minutes to be completed.
3. When Installation is completed, you will be able to access the installed software by clicking on the Startup menu icon on the left hand corner on your home screen. Scroll through the list of options and select Sophos to open software.
In order to install Sophos Anti-Virus, you must remove all other anti-virus programs from your machine.
1. Begin by visiting the Licensed Software Downloads page. Scroll down the list of options, under the "Sophos section", select Mac to download Sophos for Mac. After download has been completed, navigate to the "SophosWin Installer" and click on the installer icon to start installation process (You can find this in your download files).
*The download folder will be a ".zip" file that you can open from your browser's downloads folder or by navigating to your Apple Finder>downloads>and double-clicking on the ".zip" file there.
**A window may appear telling you that a program will be run to determine if the software can be installed on your machine. Click Continue.
2. Next, a dialogue box will be displayed, read the displayed information and then click Open.
3. After, Allow access to "prompts" by clicking OK, to proceed with Installation.
4. The next window will be the Software License Agreement. Read through this agreement and click Continue. In the next window, click the Agree button if you agree to the License terms OR Disagree if you do not; if you disagree, you will exit the setup.
*You may be prompted to enter your admin password for your computer. Click OK after providing password.
5. After, Installation will begin.
If prompted click OK and Allow to proceed with Installation.
6. Under Security and Privacy, click on the Lock Icon to make changes.
*You may also be prompted to enter your "Password and User ID".
After, click on Unlock to proceed.
**If prompted click, OK to proceed with Installation.
7. Next, if Installation is completed, you will be notified that "The Installation was Successful".
Click Close to Exit Installation window.
*NOTE: Sophos may take a few minutes to fully download after these steps, and won't begin working right away. If you receive specific or repeating error messages after the download is completely finished, contact the ICT Help Desk at 646-1840, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.