Google Hangouts - Start a Video Call on a Computer
You can connect with family, friends, or coworkers through face-to-face video calls. You can add up to 9 people in a Hangouts video call.
Before you start your first video call
- Check the system requirements for Hangouts.
- Connect a camera, microphone, and speakers to your computer. Make sure they have the latest software.
- When asked to use your computer's camera and microphone, click Allow.
- Download and install the latest version of the Hangouts plugin for Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari browsers.
Allow Hangouts to use your camera and microphone
Start a video call
- Open hangouts.google.com or on the sidebar in Gmail.
- Select a person from the Hangouts list or search for their name or email address. When you find the person you want, click their name. You can also check multiple people to start a group video call.
- Click Video call .
- When you're done, click End call .