Topics Map > Office 365 > Outlook
Office 365-How to setup/configure Office 365 in a Windows environment
This document provides information to users on how to setup Office 365 in a Windows environment.
Setting up Office 365 on your Windows computer will give you access to send and also receive emails.To configure Office 365 on your Windows computer, follow the steps below:
Open Control Panel. To perform this task navigate to your Windows "search bar" and type "Control Panel" into the search field.
When the search is complete click on the Control Panel icon.
Clicking on Control panel will open "more control options," from the control options list select Mail (Microsoft Outlook).
After selecting Mail (Microsoft Outlook), a dialogue box will appear. In the dialogue box select Add.
You will be redirected to create a New Profile. Provide your "Profile Name" by typing a preferred name into the Profile Name field, then click OK.
Next, under Auto Account Setup select Manual setup or additional server types, then click Next.
Note: that under "Auto Account Setup" users are provided with two options to select from:
- Email Account: Selecting this option will automatically configure and set up your email account.
- Manual setup or additional server types: Manual setup gives the user the opportunity to manually configure their mail setup.
Clicking Next will redirect you to choose an account type. Select POP or IMAP from the options list and click Next.
Under POP and IMAP you will be required to complete the following fields:
- User Information: provide your name and email address in the fields provided.
- Server Information:
- Account Type: click on the drop down arrow and select POP3.
- Incoming Mail Server: type "outlook.office365.com" in the field provided.
- Outgoing Mail Server: type "smtp.office365.com" in the field provided.
- Logon information
- User Name: type in this field your user name.
- Password: type in this field your password.
Note: if setup was successful you will receive an Email confirmation.
Next, click on Finish.