Windows - Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10
This document provides users with information on the minimum requirement needed in order to upgrade their computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Additionally, it also provides users with specific information on how to upgrade their computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
In order to upgrade your computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 please make sure that your computer meets the following requirement:
- Processor: 2.5 GHz Dual Core or more (i.e. Intel Core2Due, Core-i or AMD Dual core, faster/newer is better).
- RAM: 4 GB (for x64 8 GB)
- HDD:120 GB (this leaves about 80gb for everything else).
- GPU: any discrete (i.e. extra graphics card) GPU, Intel (on-board, on-die) graphics.
- Display: 1024 x 768 minimum (although thats not much of an improvement on 800x600)
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster processor or System-on-Chip
- RAM: 1 GB for 32-bit or 2GB for 64-bit.
- HDD: 16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GH for 64-bit OS.
- GPU: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1,0 driver.
- Display: 800x600
To upgrade your personal devices from Windows 7 to Windows 10:
- Step 1: Click on register
- Step 2: Under Account Verification, enter your full "NMSU email address" and click Continue
Note: After clicking continue, a verification email will be sent to the email address provided in step 2.
- Step 3: Login to your email and select "complete your registration"
- Step 4: Complete account registration by providing information for "required fields" then select Register
- Step 5: Click on the Students tab to select Microsoft. After, click on Windows 10 to add to cart.
- Step 6: Navigate to the top right corner of your screen and click on the cart icon
- Step 7: After selecting the "cart icon", navigate to the bottom right corner of your screen and click Check Out
- Step 8: Read User Acceptance Form and provide "required information" for the fields shown below "NMSU Email and Signature(type name)". After, click on Accept to complete purchase.