Banner Password Sync Issue
Posted: 08:26:59, Thursday, May 3, 2018 Expiration: 08:26:59, Friday, Aug 10, 2018
We are going to be experiencing a long-term issue with Banner INB password synchronization with myNMSU. However, this issue can be easily remedied. I will break down "Solution A" in this document. "Solution A" allows users to reset their Banner INB password themselves. The second solution requires users to contact the Help Desk for further assistance.
- Make sure you can log into myNMSU.
- If you can not log into myNMSU you may need to reset your password.
- After you verify that you are able to log into myNMSU, attempt to sign into Banner INB using your last known working password.
- If you are able to sign into Banner INB continue with this solution.
- If you are not able to sign into Banner INB and it keeps displaying an "invalid username/password" please contact the Help Desk.
- Once you are signed into Banner INB, navigate to the right-hand side of the sidebar titled “My Links”.
- Please, click on the link titled “Change Banner Password”.
- Please, enter your current Banner INB password for “Oracle Password” and leave “Database” blank.
- Now you may enter your current myNMSU password for “New Oracle Password” as well as “Verify Password”.
- Click on the “Save” icon.
- This will allow you to use the same password for myNMSU and Banner INB until your next myNMSU password reset when you will have to repeat this process.
-- NMSU: John Beatty
Created: 20:51:56, Wednesday, May 2, 2018 (by John B.)
Updated: 07:43:48, Wednesday, May 30, 2018 (by John B.)