Office 365- Tips for Using 2FA
This article provides information on compatible applications, FAQs, and web browsers required to set up 2FA.
- Mail Applications on Older Devices may not be compatible with 2FA.
- Review supported mail apps: This is an important step since some built-in mail apps do not support MFA.
- See the 2FA Email App Compatibility chart below.
- Android: Outlook (Some built in Mail apps will also work. Try them out).
- iOS: Only specific versions of Mail app works, otherwise you need the Outlook App.
- If you do not have a supported app, you will need to install one.
Before doing the setup, see these recommendations and tips:
- Click to View FAQ on 2FA
- 2FA/Email compatibility chart
- Using MFA on a Different E-mail App Instead of the Outlook App
· Restart your web browser and close any Office 365 or Mail apps before starting this process.
- Install Microsoft Outlook on your mobile phone/devices.
- Install the Microsoft Authenticator app on your mobile phone/devices.
- Decide what "factors" you will use during setup.