Topics Map > myNMSU Support > Account Support
myNMSU - Reset NMSU Passphrase
Instructions to reset your myNMSU password/passphrase.
Remember that it is important to make your myNMSU password something strong yet, also something you will be able to remember. This password is necessary to gain access to myNMSU, NMSU e-mail, Canvas Learning System account (learn.nmsu.edu), and NMSU Computers/Computer Labs. NMSU does not have the ability to return a current password to you; however, you can reset a forgotten password by following the steps below:
- Access the myNMSU login page:
- Beneath the red "LOGIN" button is the Forgot Password link. Click the link allow the system to redirect you to the "Reset Password" page.
- The Reset Password page outlines NMSU's passphrase requirements. At the bottom, enter your myNMSU username in the "Username" box then click the "OK" button to the right of the input box.
- After entering your username you will be asked to answer the three security questions you created when you first activated your myNMSU account. Answer these questions with your given answers then select OK. Note: If you are unable to remember the answers to your security questions, contact the ICT Help Desk at (575) 646-1840.
- Once you have correctly answered your security questions, the next window will generate a new password for you. Select the generated password, copy it, and return to the "my.nmsu" login screen and log in with this generated password.
- After you have logged in, navigate to the bottom of the "Quick Launch" menu to "Password Management", click on it to expand, and click on Password Management
- From the Password Management menu, you can enter in a New Passphrase. The new passphrase will need to be at least 17 characters (this is the only requirement). Enter in your chosen Passphrase and Verify it before you click OK.