NMSU Exchange E-mail setup - Outlook 2010
instructions to set up NMSU exchange e-mail for Outlook 2010
These instructions can be used to set up NMSU Exchange E-mail on Microsoft Outlook 2010. By completing these steps, you can use Outlook 2010 to view and send NMSU Exchange e-mail instead of going through the NMSU website.
- From the Start menu, go to the Control Panel. In the View by menu, choose Small icons. Click on the Mail (32-bit) icon.
- The next window will be the Mail Setup - Outlook window. Click on the E-mail Accounts button. In the next window, click the New button under the E-mail tab.
- .In the Auto Account Setup window, Make sure E-mail Account is checked. Type in your name in the Your Name field. In the E-mail Address field, type in your NMSU exchange email address. In the Password field, type in your NSMU password, then retype your password where it says Retype Password. Now click Next.
- Now a Mail Application window may come up. Your NMSU exchange e-mail address will be written in the top box. In the box labeled Password, type in your NMSU password. If you would like Outlook to remember your password, check the box next to Remember my credentials. Now click OK. Your e-mail settings will now be configured—this could take several minutes.
*PLEASE REMEMBER that every time you change your NMSU password, you will need to update your password in Outlook.
- Now a Congratulations window will come up, saying that your e-mail account was successfully configured. Click the Finish button. You will then see a Mail Delivery Location notification. Click OK.
- You can now view your NMSU e-mail in Outlook. To view your e-mail, select the Inbox listed under your NMSU e-mail account in the left-hand taskbar of Outlook.