NMSU email setup for Mac Mail
These instructions can be used to set up your Mac Mail to view your NMSU Microsoft Office 365 email. My setting up Mail for your NMSU email, you will be able to use Mail to view and sent emails from your NMSU account without going to the NMSU website or the Office 365 online portal.
Select the link that best suits your needs.
- Open Mail. In the Mail window, go to the Mail menu and click on Preferences.
- The next window will be the Mail Preferences window. In this window, click on the Accounts tab. In the Accounts window, click on the plus sign at the bottom left-hand side of the screen. This is the Add a new account button.
- The following window will be titled Welcome to Mail or Add Account. In the box labeled Full Name, type in your first and last name. In the box labeled E-mail Address, type in your NMSU e-mail address. In the Password box, type in your NMSU password. Then click Continue. Mail will try to identify the server settings. Next, you may get a Verify Certificate window. Click Cancel in this window; Mail will try to find the server settings for your e-mail account again. *NOTE: It may take 1-2 minutes for Mail to continue- this is normal.
- The next window will be your Account Summary. Make sure that the Account type reads Exchange 2007. If you want to enable the Mail Address Book contacts or iCal calendars for your new account, check the boxes next to these options and click Create.
*NOTE: The Mail Address Book contacts and iCal calendars are not the same as your NMSU calendars or address book.
**NOTE: The server settings in the image below may not match your server settings. If you have gone through these steps and your e-mail is not working correctly, try going through the e-mail troubleshooting steps here: http://helpdesk-kb.nmsu.edu/DOCS/TroubleshootingNMSUEmail.pdf
- Open Apple Mail. Within the Mail window, select the Mail tab > Add Account...
- Select the Exchange account option, then click the Continue button.
- In the Name box, enter a display name for your account. Following, enter your myNMSU email address in the Email Address box and your myNMSU password in the Password box. Once complete, select the Sign In button.
- In the next window, check the apps you would like to connect to your exchange account. Once complete, click the Done button.
- The addition of your myNMSU email account is complete. You will see all accounts and their connected folders listed along the left side of the Mail window. If not, make sure to expand the Mailboxes tab in the top left corner.