Change or Hide NMSU Phonebook Information
The best way to hide your personal information in the NMSU phonebook is to contact the NMSU Registrar's Office (if you are/were a student), and/or NMSU Human Resources (if you are/were an employee), or both if you have been both statuses at NMSU. To place an information restriction on your personal information, contact:
NMSU Registrar NMSU Human Resources
You may also suppress some (but not all) information through your myNMSU account. (Allow up to 24 hours for the phonebook to reflect your changes)
1. Login to your myNMSU account at http://my.nmsu.edu
2. Select the Banner Self-Service link from the Quick Links menu
3. Select Personal Information
4. Click Addresses and Phones
5. Click the blue word associated with the account you would like to hide, for example, select Current under the Billing. Once selected, you can check the box labeled Delete this Address, check the box Unlisted next to Primary Phone Number, or remove all information by manually deleting it.
6. Once complete, select the Submit button at the bottom. Your information should now be suppressed. After 24 hours, check the phonebook to make sure your information has been removed. If not, repeat the steps above, or contact the Registrar/Human Resources.
Note: When off-campus, the NMSU phonebook will only display employee contact information, NOT personal information of either students or employees. Additionally, extended phonebook information is not visible off-campus without the use of the NMSU VPN client.