Office 365 (Outlook for the Web • One Drive) - Set up OneDrive Local Sync
How to set up your computer to sync your OneDrive files in Office 365
Use OneDrive to sync your school files to your computer. After that, you can work with files directly in your file system and access them even when you're offline. Whenever you're online, any changes that you or others make will sync automatically.
1. Sign into your myNMSU Office 365 account here.
2. Select the app launcher in the top left corner, and then select OneDrive.
3. Select the Sync button.
4. When your browser asks for permission to open your OneDrive, click Allow or Yes.
5. The next step will depend on a few different factors:
- If the Getting ready to sync dialog box appears and nothing else happens, click Get the latest version of OneDrive. Once the download is complete you will be asked to sign in.
- If the Set up OneDrive dialog box appears, sign in with your myNMSU account information.
- If you already have the latest version of OneDrive and you're already signed in, OneDrive will open to the next step.
6. When OneDrive opens and the Sync your OneDrive files to this PC dialog box appears, choose the folders you want to sync or select Sync all files and folders, and then select OK.
7. Sync is all set up now. You can choose the Getting ready to sync dialog box now if it's still open in the web browser. OneDrive files will now appear in your File Explorer or Finder as OneDrive - Name.