Topics Map > Mac
Topics Map > Office 365 > Outlook
Topics Map > Office 365 > General
Office 365 (Outlook 2016 for Mac) - Reply to or forward an email message
When you reply to an email message, the sender of the original message is automatically added in the To box. Similarly, when you use Reply All, a message is created and addressed to the sender and any additional recipients of the original message. Whichever you choose, you can change the recipients in the To,Cc,and Bcc boxes.
When you forward a message, the To,Cc, and Bcc boxes are empty and you must enter at least one recipient.
Reply to the sender or other recipients
You can reply to only the sender of a message, or any combination of people who appear on the "To" and "Cc" lines.
You can also add new recipients to the email you intend to send.
1. To send an email to a recipient or sender first click on Reply or Reply All on the "Home" or "Message tab."
Note the following:
- The name of the tab depends on whether the message is selected in the message list or opened in its own window.
- To remove a name from the "To" and Cc lines, click the name and then press delete.
- To add a recipient, click in the "To," "Cc" or "Bcc" box and enter the recipient.
- CC is a shorthand for carbon copy. If you add a recipient to this box in an Outlook email message, a copy of the message is sent to that recipient, and the recipient's name is visible to other recipients of the messages.
- Bcc is shorthand for blind carbon copy. if you add a recipient to this box in an email message, a copy of the message is sent to that recipient, and the recipients name isn't visible to other recipients of the message. If the Bcc box isn't visible when you create a message, you can add it by clicking the Options tab, and then in the Show Field group, click Bcc.
2. Compose your message in the "Message tab"
3. After you finish typing your message, click on Send.
Forward a message
Note: You can add new recipients to the email you intend to send.
When you forward a message, the message includes any attachments that were included with the original message.
1. Click on the message you intend to forward
2. Then, click on the Forward icon on the top of your menu bar
3. A message tab will open, you then fill "all necessary fields."
Ie. enter recipients in the To, Cc, or Bcc boxes and also write message in the message column
4. After you have finished writing your message and provided all necessary information in the fields, click on Send
For more information, please visit the Office Help & Training site.