Topics Map > Office 365 > Outlook
Topics Map > Office 365 > General
Office 365 (Outlook 2016 | Outlook 2013) - Create and assign color categories
Color categories allow you to easily identify and group associated items in Microsoft Outlook. Assign a color category to a group of interrelated items - such as notes, contacts, appointments, and email messages - so that you can quickly track and organize them. You can also assign more than one color category to items.
You can choose from a set of default categories or create your own, and then assign the categories to your Outlook items. The category colors are prominently displayed in table views, such as your Inbox, and within the open items themselves. You can rename the categories to something more meaningful to you or choose different colors for the categories. This flexibility enables you to design a color category system that fits your personal work style.
- In any view, on the Home tab, in the Tags group, click Categorize, and then click All Categories.
Note: For the calendar items, the Tabs group appears on the Appointment or Meeting tab. For an open contact or task, the Tags group appears on the Contact or Task tab.
- In the Color Categories dialog box, click New.
- In the Add New Category dialog box, in the Name box, type a name for the new color category.
- In the Color list, choose the color that you want and then choose OK.
Note: (Optional) If you want to assign a keyboard shortcut, in the Shortcut Key list, click a shortcut, and then choose OK.
- In the Color Categories dialog box, click OK.