Topics Map > Windows
Topics Map > Mac
Topics Map > Web Browser > Google Chrome
Google Chrome - Fix file download errors in Chrome
If you get an error message on Chrome when you try to download apps, themes, extensions, or other, files, try these fixes.
Fix most file download errors
If you try to download a file and it doesn’t work, first try to fix the error with these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your Internet connection is working normally. An unstable Internet connection will cause any downloads to pause. Chrome will automatically resume the download. You can also resume the file download by clicking the Down arrow Resume.
- Try to download the file later.
- Contact the website owner.
If you see "NETWORK_FAILED" when you try to install an app, extension, or theme from the Chrome Web Store on Windows, unwanted software may be blocking the installation.
To fix the error:
- First, remove or uninstall the unwanted software. Then, try to install the app, extension, or theme again.
- If you still can't install the app, extension, or theme, reinstall Chrome.
- Check your virus-scanning software for details about why the file was blocked.
- On Windows: Windows Attachment Manager might have removed the file you tried to download. To see what files you can download or why your file was blocked, check your Windows Internet security settings.
- Delete some files from your computer
- Empty your Trash
- Cancel the download and try again.
- Instead of clicking the file to download, right-click the link and select Save link as.
- Be sure to download files to a place on your computer you have access to, like your Desktop or Documents folders.