Topics Map > Windows
Topics Map > Mac
Google Chrome - Block or allow pop-ups in Chrome
By default, Google Chrome blocks pop-ups from automatically showing up on your screen. When a pop-up is blocked, the address bar will be marked with "Pop-ups blocked". You can also decide to allow pop-ups.
If you still get pop-ups after disabling them, then you could have malware.
Turn pop-ups on or off
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- Under "Privacy," click Content settings.
- Under "Pop-ups," select an option:
- Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)x
- Allow all sites to show pop-ups
Block or allow pop-ups for a specific site
Not all pop-ups are ads or spam. Some legitimate websites display web content in pop-up windows.
Problems with pop-ups
Still seeing unwanted pop-ups? If the pop-ups haven't stopped, try running the Chrome Cleanup Tool (Windows only). Then, read other options for finding and removing malware from your computer.
Using a Chrome device at work or school? Your network administrator might set up the pop-up blocker for you, in which case you can't change this setting yourself.
For more information, please visit the Google Support website.