Topics Map > Windows
Topics Map > Mac
Google Chrome - Clear, enable, and manage cookies in Chrome
You can choose to delete existing cookies, allow or block all cookies, and set preferences for certain websites.
What cookies are
Cookies are files created by websites you visit. They make your online experience easier by saving browsing information. With cookies, sites can keep you signed in, remember your site preferences, and give you locally relevant content.
There are two types of cookies:
- First-party cookies are created by the site you visit. The site is shown in the address bar.
- Third-party cookies are created by other sites. These sites own some of the content, like ads or images, that you see on the webpages you visit.
Clear all cookies
If you remove cookies, you'll be signed out of websites and your saved preferences could be deleted.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- In the "Privacy" section, click Content settings.
- Under "Cookies," click All cookies and site data.
- At the top right, click Remove all.
- At the bottom right, click Done.
Delete specific cookies
Change your cookie settings
You can allow or block cookies saved by websites.
Note: If you don't allow sites to save cookies, most sites that require you to sign in won't work.