Topics Map > Windows
Topics Map > Mac
Google Chrome - Change website permissions
When you visit a website, you can easily check and adjust its cookie settings and permissions. For example, you can remove a site's access to your location.
- Open Chrome, and go to a webpage.
- To the left of the web address, click the icon you see: Lock , Info , or Dangerous .
- You'll see the site's details and permissions.
Under "Cookies," you can see the cookies in use by the webpage you're on. Cookies are files created by websites you visit. They make your online experiences easier by saving browsing information. They're allowed by default.
You'll see the permissions that have been allowed for the website you're on. To adjust each permission, click the Arrows .
- Location: By defalt, Chrome asks you if a site can see your exact location information.
- Camera: Some sites can ask to access your camera and microphone.
- Microphone: Some sites can ask to access your camera and microphone.
- Notifications: Some websites, like Google Calendar, can show notifications. By default, Chrome asks you if a site can show notifications.
- Flash: the Adobe Flash plug-in lets you hear and see audio and video content. By default, Chrome asks if you want to run Flash when you visit a page using it.
- Images: Images are allowed by default. To block images, choose "Always block on this site."
- Popups: By default, pop-ups are blocked from showing up automatically.
- Background sync: If your devices go offline during a task (like a chat message or photo upload), some sites can finish the task after the device is back online. The sync will happen in the background, even if you leave the website.
- Automatica Downloads: You might want to download multiple files from a site. You can choose whether to download these files automatically or not.
- MIDI devices full control: Some websites might want to use System Exclusive (SysEx) messages to gain full access to MIDI (Musical Instrumental Digital Interface) devices.
For more information, please visit the Google Support website.