Topics Map > Windows
Topics Map > Mac
Google Chrome - Connect a website to a Bluetooth or USB device
Chrome lets you connect a website to your Bluetooth and USB devices. For example, if you have a Bluetooth-enabled heart monitor, you can let a website connect to it. Then, the page can record and show information about the monitor.
When to give access to your device
Only give device access to a trusted site. If you pair a website with your device, the site can get all the information on the device and can even reprogram it.
Pair a webpage in Chrome with your device
- Connect your devices.
- Bluetooth device: On your computer or phone, make sure Bluetooth is turned on. On the Bluetooth device, turn on "discoverable" mode.
- USB device: Connect your devices using a USB cable.
- In Chrome, open a webpage that can connect to your device.
- Click or tap the page. You'll be asked to add a device.
- Choose a device from the list.
- Choose Pair or Connect.
- To the left of the web address, click Lock .
- Next to the USB device, click Remove .