WordPress - Using the Admin Bar
Understanding the admin bar.
The admin bar provides numerous options and easy access to your site. When logged into your website, the admin bar will appear at the top of each page. If you are not logged in or not an admin of the website, the admin bar will not appear.
- WordPress icon - Contains information about WordPress, support, and contact forums
- My Sites icon - Links to your site and any other sites you might administrate. Each site has a drop-down menu that provides quick access to your Dashboard, the new post page, and the website itself.
- Blog icon - Displays quick links similar to the "My Site" menus. Allows you to easily navigate your site if you are not on your Dashboard.
- New icon - Quick link to adding new posts, media, pages, users etc.
- Personal Information - Contains links to edit some of the personal information within the site, such as your profile image and username.
Note: Some of the Admin bar icons may change depending on what page/element you're currently viewing.
In addition to the links mentioned above, you may also see:
- Customize - Takes you to the Upfront site editor, allowing you to change your website in a What You See is What You Get (WYSIWYG) editor.
- Upfront - Link to the plugin that allows you to edit your site in a WYSIWYG manner. Functions much in the same way as Customize does.
For more information, please visit NMSU WordPress Video Tutorials