WordPress - Adding Media to the Media Library
The best way to use media in your WordPress site is to add it to your Media Library. Uploading media, either by Multi-file uploader or Browser uploader, allows you to save these media articles for future use in your posts and pages. Media can be uploaded individually or in bulk depending on your needs.
Adding media to the Media Library
- Uploading media via the Multi-File Uploader
- Drag-and-Drop - If you are using a web browser that supports HTML5 then you will see an active upload area (indicated by a dashed border) where you can "drag-and-drop" files from your computer to this area to upload them to the Media Library. You can upload files one at a time, or you can add multiple media items by dragging and dropping a group of files in this area.
- Select Files - If drag-and-drop is not working for you, click on the Select Files button, which will launch a file browser that allows you to find and select (by clicking) the files you want to upload. Multiple files can also be selected by holding down the Ctrl/Cmd key and clicking on each file you wish to upload. After all the files are selected, click on the Open button to begin uploading.
As your files are uploaded, a status bar will be displayed next to each one to indicate progress, and when the uploading is complete, a thumbnail o the media is displayed. Once your upload is complete, you may click on the Edit link to edit and save the information about each media file if you wish.
- Uploading media via the Browser Uploader
- Browse - Click this button, and then from the File Upload window, find and click the file to upload, then click the Open button. The Media file name will be placed in the text box to the left of the Browse button.
- Upload - Once a Media file name is displayed in the text box to the right of the Browse button, click the Upload button to upload that Media. At that point, the Media Library Screen is displayed.
- Cancel - If the Upload is not working or is taking a prolonged period of time, click the Cancel button to cancel the Upload process.