Skype for Business - Downloading Skype for Business
Skype for Business is a tool that can help you connect with colleagues or business partners all around the world via IM, voice, and video calls. As part of the Office 365 suite of products, Skype for Business is offered to all students, faculty, and staff by NMSU. To download and log into Skype for Business, please follow the directions below
- Please log into your Office 365 portal via your myNMSU account, visiting mail.nmsu.edu, or clicking here.
- Once on the Home Screen, select the Other Installs link displayed under the Install Office 2016 button. This will redirect you to the Software page.
- On the Software page, locate and select the Skype for Business link listed in the sidebar along the left side of the screen.
- Listed on the Skye for Business page will be some brief information about Skype for Business along with a link. Select the link and follow the installation instructions. Once the installation is complete, you will see The installation was successful.
Note: The installation process may take a few minutes and may ask you to update the software before installation is complete.
- After installation, you will see the Skype for Business login screen. Here, you will enter your myNMSU email address in the Enter your Email Address bar, your myNMSU password in the password box, and domain\username (your email address without the @nmsu.edu) in the Enter your User Name box.
- Once signed in, you will now be able to navigate your chats, meetings, calls, and contacts.