Topics Map > Office 365
Topics Map > NMSU Services
Topics Map > Windows
Topics Map > Mac
Skype for Business (Windows | Mac) - Join a Skype meeting
Most of the time, joining a Skye for Business meeting is as simple as clicking the meeting link. And you can join from anywhere, such as an airport, a coffee shop, your hotel, or your mobile device when you're on the road.
- In your meeting request, click Join Skype Meeting.
- The Meetings view lets you quickly check your upcoming meetings for the day, without having to go to your calendar. You can even join a Skype Meeting right from the Meetings tab, if the meeting was set up by an organizer inside your company.
- In the Skype for Business main window, click the Meetings tab, and then right-click a Skype meeting to join.
Note: Make sure you unmute your speakers too!
Note: Audio quality depends on the network and the device you use. Use a wired network connection and switch off wireless on your computer. If you have to use a wireless connection, make sure you have a strong signal. Also, use a high-quality headset for getter audio.
Join with the Web App
Skype for Business Web App is an alternative way to join the meeting if you don't have Skype for Business installed. It opens automatically to connect you to the meeting.
Join with phone only
If you're on the road, or if you don't have access to a computer, you can just call into the meeting with a phone. Make sure you grab the conference numbers and IDs from the meeting request before the meeting.
If you prefer to call in with a phone, instead of using computer audio, you can find the conference numbers and ID in the meeting request. You can also click Find a local number in the meeting request if you're traveling.
What about the PIN? You only need a PIN if you are calling into the meeting as the presenter from a public cell phone, or if the meeting is set with high security. Otherwise, you don't need a PIN, just dial in and wait to get connected.
If you need a PIN and don't remember what it is, click Forgot your Dial-in PIN? in the meeting request, and follow the instructions on the page to reset.
- In the Skype for Business of Man main window, find and double-click the meeting you want to attend or click the Join button.
- Welcome to the meeting.
- To view meeting participants, to add others, and to mute participants fi you're a presenter, click the Add Participant button.
Use the Invite more people box to add more people to your meeting.
- To send an IM to meeting participants, click the IM button.
Type a message, and then press Enter or click the arrow button to send the message.
- When you first join a meeting, your microphone is automatically muted, and people in the meeting can't hear you. To unmute your microphone, click the microphone button .
- When you first join a meeting, the video camera is inactive. To start your video camera, click the video button.
Disconnect from the meeting
- To exit the meeting, click the end button .
- At the Need to leave? prompt, confirm you want to leave the meeting by clicking the Leave Meeting button.