Topics Map > Office 365
Topics Map > NMSU Services
Topics Map > Windows
Skype for Business - Present PowerPoint slides in a Skype for Business meeting
Sharing PowerPoint slides is an effective way to get your ideas across, and make your presentation memorable by focusing on bulleted items and avoiding too many details.
Use the meeting controls such as annotation tools, presenter notes, and switching presenters, to help you during your presentation. You can even make the slides avaialbe to all attendees to review after the meeting.
- In the Skype for Business meeting window, click Share Content > Share PowerPoint Files.
- Find your presentation and double-click it to upload it to the meeting. You will automatically begin presenting the slides.
- To move the slides, use the arrows at the bottom of the meeting window, or the arrow keys on your keyboard. You can also use the Thumbnails
- Any animations in the slides play just like they do outside the Skype for Business meeting.
- Press F5 on your keyboard to go to full-screen view, and Esc to go back to normal view.
- Click Note to see your presenter notes (visible only to you).
- If a slide contains a video, hover the cursor over the slide to unhide the video controls, such as Play, Pause, and Volume control. The audio plays for participants who used computer audio when joining.
- Laser Pointer: Drag the pointer across the slide.
- Select and Type: Select an area where you can type and change font, color, and size.
- Pen: Draw freehand.
- Highlighter: Highlight a specific area of the current slide.
- Eraser: Remove specific annotation that you choose.
- Stamp: Insert a stamp on the displayed slide: Arrow, Check, or X.
- Insert Picture: Insert an image on the slide from your computer.
- Delete Selected Annotations: Remove the annotations that you've selected.
- More Options: provides options to select the annotation, undo, redo, copy, cut, paste, paste as an image, save as, delete all annotations from the page, and send to OneNote.
- After you've uploaded the presentation in the meeting, click Share Content > Manage Content.
- Click Permission and choose an option:
- Everyone: Anyone in the meeting can download the presentation.
- Presenters: Any of the presenters in the meeting can download the presentation.
- Organizer: Only the person who scheduled the meeting can download the presentation.
- Click Share Content > Manage Content.
- Click More Options and then Save As or Save with Annotations.
- To view the slides privately, click the arrows at the bottom of the meeting to move through the slides. This won't interrupt the meeting, and you'll be notified that you are viewing the meeting privately.
- To go back to the current view, click Return to Presenter's View to synchronize your view with the active presenter.
- To present, click Take Over as Presenter to take control of the presentation. Be aware that the meeting automatically switches to your view.
- When you have finished your presentation, click Stop Sharing.