Topics Map > Office 365
Topics Map > NMSU Services
Topics Map > Windows
Skype for Business - Play a video in a Skype for Business meeting
The best way to play a video in a Skype for Business meeting is to insert it in a PowerPoint slide, then upload the PowerPoint to the meeting. We recommend that video files not exceed 50 MB. If your video exceeds 50 MB, we suggest compressing these files before uploading.
Insert the video in PowerPoint
- Open PowerPoint in Normal view.
- Click the slide that you want the video to be in.
- On the Insert tab, click the arrow under Video, and then click Video on My PC.
- In the Insert Video box, double-click the video that you want to insert in the slide.
- Save your PowerPoint file.
- In your Skype for Business meeting, click the presentation (monitor) icon, and click Present PowerPoint Files.
- Find your presentation and double-click it to upload it to the meeting.
- Go to the slide that contains the video, then pause on (hover over) the video to unhide the video controls.
- Click Play to start the video and then Pause to stop.
- Click the speaker icon to change the volume or mute/un-mute the audio.
Note: The audio will play for participants who use computer audio, but not for people on the phone.