Topics Map > Office 365
Topics Map > NMSU Services
Topics Map > Windows
Skype for Business - Add a Yammer feed to a Skype Meeting Broadcast
A Skype Meeting Broadcast is an online meeting or event intended for large audiences of up to 10,000 people.
By adding a Yammer feed to your meeting, you enable attendees to participate by asking questions and posting comments. Presenters and other participants can read the posts as they come in and respond to them in real time. This also allows for dynamic meeting content because a presenter can be alerted via Yammer that more elaboration or clarification is needed and can elaborate more thoroughly on the topic at hand before moving on to the next time on the agenda.
- Your company has a Yammer network.
- The Yammer group you're setting up for the Skype Meeting Broadcast is open or has the same security group as the one you're inviting to the meeting.
- In some browsers, such as Internet Explorer 11 or Safari, Yammer might not load successfully. To resolve this:
- For Internet Explorer, click Internet Options > Security. Clear Enable Protected Mode, and then click OK.
- For Safari browser, click Preferences > Privacy. Under Cookies and website data, select Always allow.
- Refresh your browser to reload the page with the new settings.
- Browse to the Skype Meeting Broadcast portal.
- Sign in with your myNMSU account.
- Select the meeting or event to which you'll add the Yammer feed.
- Click Customize.
- Determine where you want the Yammer feed to be displayed, either to the right of the video player (click Right panel app) or underneath it (click Lower panel app).
- In Select an app click Yammer Conversation > Select.
- Type or paste the ID of the Yammer group that will be used for the meeting. You can find the ID appended to the URL for your Yammer group (e.g., https://www.yammer.com/contoso.com/#/threads/inGroup?type=in_group&feedId=)
- If you want to kick off the Yammer conversation, type prompt text such as "What do you think of the opening video?"
- Type the network name of your Yammer group. You can find the network name in your Yammer group URL (e.g., https://www.yammer.com//#/threads/inGroup?type=in_group&feedId=1234567).
- In the upper right corner of the page click Done. Here's what your broadcast dashboard looks like with Yammer integration.