Topics Map > Office 365
Topics Map > NMSU Services
Topics Map > Windows
Skype for Business - Add a Q&A Session to a Skype Meeting Broadcast
You can add a question-and-answer session to your Skype Meeting Broadcast. By adding a Q&A session to your meeting, you enable attendees to participate by asking questions, posting comments, and getting replies from the moderator. Presenters and other participants can read the posts as they come in and respond to them in real time. This also allows for dynamic meeting content because a presenter can be altered whether more elaboration or clarification is needed.
- Browse to the Skype Meeting Broadcast portal.
- Sign in with your myNMSU account.
- Select the meeting or event to which you'll add the Q&A session.
- Click Customize.
- Determine where you want the Q&A session to be displayed, either to the right of the video player (click Right panel app) or underneath it (click Lower panel app).
- In Select an app, click Q&A.
- In the upper right corner of the page, click Done.
- On the Meeting details page, in the Attendee page settings section, right-click Open Q&A.
- Choose Copy shortcut to copy the link to the clipboard.
- Send the link to the moderators for this meeting via email.
- On the Meeting details page, in the Attendee page settings section, click Open Q&A.
Note: The organizer might send you a link to the Q&A moderator panel in an email, in which case you can just click the link in the email to access the panel.
- The Q&A moderator panel opens as a separate application in the browser.
- In the Q&A moderator panel, type a welcome message or an announcement.
- Click announce to invite attendees to use the Q&A feature.
The announcement will be visible for all attendees that have joined the broadcast meeting.
- Attendee questions are visible in the Q&A moderator panel
Click broadcast to make the question visible for all attendees.
- Click add an answer to include an answer to the question that will be visible to all attendees.
- Type the answer to the question, and then click broadcast to make both the question and the answer visible to all attendees.
- To answer a question directly to the attendee, click reply, type the answer, and then click send.
The answer will be visible only to the attendee.
- The question is marked as read and the answer is shown in the moderator overview.
- Find a question you want to answer, and click read.
- Select either broadcast or reply.
- Compose the response, and then send it.
- If you decide to not answer a question:
- Click cancel the broadcast, or click reply again to close the reply message box, depending on the type of response they originally selected.
- Then click mark unread, which puts the question back in the queue.
- Top: Top broadcasted responses are based on votes by attendees and moderators. Broadcasted responses will have a heart button () that can be clicked.
- All: This view shows all questions and answers, and all announcements.
- Unread: This view shows only the unread questions.
- The moderator gauges the audience interest in a question by monitoring the number of likes.
- The moderator answers the top questions or directs the top questions to the presenter.
- When the moderator receives an answer from the presenter, the moderator can add the response as a reply to the broadcasted questions.
- Click close qna.
- The Q&A session is currently closed by can be reopened by clicking open qna.
- In the Skype Meeting Broadcast portal, under Ended meetings, click on the meeting.
- In the reports section, click Download Q&A report.
Click Open to open the CVS file in Microsoft Excel