Connect to NMSU AggieAir-WPA2 Wireless on Mac
NMSU provides the NMSU community with AggieAir - WPA2 Encrypted wireless internet access, which can help protect sensitive personal information such as usernames, passwords, and credit card numbers from snoopers on a network. The service is available to any student, faculty, or staff with valid myNMSU credentials.
Terms and conditions of use:
Users are expected to use wireless access in a legal and responsible manner. By using the AggieAir-WPA2 wireless network service, you are agreeing to abide by all applicable local, state, and federal rules and regulations. You are also agreeing to abide by the policies set forth in the NMSU Policy Manual (http://manual.nmsu.edu/files/2013/10/06.24.15-NMSU-Policy-Manualprov-modif-3.pdf) including but not limited to 184.108.40.206.1 (Acceptable Use) and 220.127.116.11.3 (NMSU Institutional Data Security). Misuse of the AggieAir-WPA2 wireless network will result in the loss of your Internet connection privileges. It may also result in your removal from university grounds and possible legal action.
AggieAir-WPA2 wireless network provides the user an encrypted network connection, which can help protect sensitive personal information such as usernames, passwords, and credit card numbers from snoopers on a network. However, NMSU provides access to its AggieAir-WPA2 wireless network with no guarantees of speed, performance, security, malware, or privacy protection. Encrypted connections do not protect against viruses or malware. NMSU recommends that users of the AggieAir-WPA2 have up-to-date virus protection and security software running on their network-connected devices. NMSU is not responsible for any loss of any information, loss of data, hardware or software failures, or any damages resulting from the use of the AggieAir-WPA2 wireless service.
By accessing and using AggieAir-WPA2 wireless Internet service, you agree that you 1) are a Student, Faculty, or Staff of the University with a legitimate university business and 2) have read, understand, and accept the Terms and Conditions of Use as outlined above.
- Locate and select the WiFi symbol at the top right corner of your screen
- From the dropdown list, select the AggieAir-WPA2
- Once AggieAir-WPA2 has been selected, a command box will appear asking you to enter your myNMSU credentials. Enter your credentials and select Join.
Note: If you input your credentials incorrectly, you may be required to start over from the beginning.
- After your myNMSU credentials have been accepted, you will recieve a Verify Certificate notice from your Mac. Select Continue.
Note: Depending on your individual security settings, your Mac may ask you to make changes to your Certificate Trust Settings. Input your local username and password (the credentials you use to log into your machine) in their respective boxes and select Update Settings.
- Once you have updated your Certificate Trust Settings, wait a few moments for your Mac to make the connection then check your WiFi list. If you see a checkmark next to AggieAir-WPA2, you're connected. If not, repeat the steps above again.