Network Registration - Apple mobile devices
In order to connect your iPod Touch, iPhone, or iPad to NMSU Internet, you will need to register your device on the NMSU Network.
To connect to the NMSU Network, you will need to configure your device for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol, or DHCP. By going through this process, you will be able to obtain an Internet Protocol (IP) address for your computer for locations on campus where you wish to be able to connect to the Internet. After completing these steps, you will be able to go to different locations on campus and connect instantly with the correct Internet settings for each location.
You will need your myNMSU user name and password to connect and register for DHCP. If you do not have a myNMSU account, go to https://my.nmsu.edu/to sign up.
- To register for DHCP, begin by selecting the Settings icon on your home menu. In the Settings menu, open the Wi-Fi menu. Next, turn the Wi-Fi option to On.
- Once you have turned the Wi-Fi option on, a list of wireless networks should appear. Select the NMSU wireless network you would like to connect to (AggieAir or AggieAir-WPA2).
- After you have turned on and connected Wi-Fi, a "Login" page should appear. This is the NMSU Network Registration Page. If this page does not come up, click the Home button on the bottom of your iPod Touch, iPhone, or iPad. In the Home menu, select Safari. Otherwise, go to step 5.
- Once Safari has loaded, a Dynamic Host Registration page should appear. If it does not, navigate to http://netreg.nmsu.edu in the URL bar of the browser.
- Once you are on the Dynamic Host Registration Page, read the Terms of Agreement. If you select I Accept, you can continue with the registration process.
After you select I Accept, two options will appear: Authorized User (any NMSU affiliated faculty, staff, or student) and Guest Access Request (a non-NMSU affiliate with a faculty or staff sponsor). Choose the option appropriate to you. A page with spaces for your myNMSU username and password should appear; if it does not, please come by the ICT Customer Service and Help Desk in room 141 of the Computer Center, call 646-1840, or e-mail us at email@example.com.
*NOTE: selecting the Guest Access Request option will take you to the Guest Network Registration page.
- Enter your myNMSU username or password in the appropriate boxes, or if you do not remember it, you can visit the ICT Help Desk in Hardman Jacobs 105, call 646-1840, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Next, enter a hostname in the Hostname box. The hostname can be anything you want, but each hostname must be unique. If you duplicate a hostname that has already been selected by another user, you will be notified on the Dynamic Host Registration page, and you will need to select a new one.
Important: The host name can contain both letters and numbers but must begin with a letter. **The field labeled Ethernet Address should be filled in. If it's blank, please contact the Help Desk for assistance.
- Next, press Submit Query. You should come up with another page confirming your information. On this page, click Submit Query again.
- Now, you should receive a confirmation page. Close this page and restart your device.