Topics Map > Canvas > Students
Canvas iOS - Access to Canvas via iPhone/iPad App
This document will guide you through the process of finding, downloading/installing, and the initial login to your Canvas page via an iOS device.
You can download this application to your iOS mobile device(s) and access your Canvas information.
1. Open the App Store application on your iOS device.
2. Tap on the Search icon located on the bottom right of your screen, type in the word Canvas, and tap the blue Search key on your keyboard. Your search results will load.
3. Find and click the Get icon next to the application titled "Canvas by Instructure".
*Wait for the application to download and install on your device before continuing to the next step.
4. Tap on the Canvas icon, that is now on your phone, to open the application. Once opened you will see a page where you must "Find your school or district", here you will type in New Mexico State University or your respective school and select it once it appears as an option.
5. This selection will then redirect you to a login page for myNMSU. Here you will enter your information and log into myNMSU. This will allow the Canvas application access to your class information.
6. After this login, you will have access to Canvas. You may have the following page appear if so please select Authorize if you wish to use Canvas on your iOS device.