NMSU mobile internet setup (Android and Apple devices)
Please follow the directions below to connect your mobile device to NMSU wifi (AggieAir).
- From your home screen, swipe one finger down from the top of your screen to display the Android quick menu. Once expanded, select the settings gear displayed in the top right corner of the screen. This will take you to the "Settings" menu.
- Once on the settings menu, select the "Connections" option at the top of the list.
- At the Connections menu, make sure your Wi-Fi switch is set to "on", displaying the small white button shifted to the right.
- Once Wi-Fi has been turned on, a wifi connection prompt will appear. From this screen, select the internet access you would like to connect to: AggieAir - NMSU's general Wi-Fi available to all faculty, staff, and students, AggieGuest - 1-hour access to any guest to campus, AggieAir-WPA2 - Encrypted internet access available to all faculty, staff, and students.
- After selecting the Wi-Fi connection you would like to connect to, input your myNMSU username and password (AggieAir and AggieAir-WPA2) in the appropriate fields or complete the Net Registration and service agreement (AggieGuest). After completion, you will be connected to the chosen NMSU wi-fi connection.
1. From your home screen, you will tap on the Settings icon.
Note: If you have an iPhone 6s or later you can use the Force/3D touch feature on the Settings icon and select the Wi-Fi option.
2. Under the Settings menu, tap on the Wi-Fi icon. This will take you to a menu of all the available Wi-Fi networks.
3. The AggieAir and AggieAir-WPA2 networks are both available to students as network options. Both of the networks will require an initial id and password to get a connection. Type these fields in and tap Join.
Note: Your Wi-Fi option must be toggled to on before these options will appear. This can be done by gently sliding the round toggle switch in this screen to the right.
Note: Your id and password will be the same that you use to log into all other NMSU student services (e.g. Canvas and myNMSU).
4. After this is completed there should be a small blue checkmark next to the network name to indicate that you are not connected.
Note: If you have not registered the device that you are attempting to connect please click here for Windows devices and here for Apple devices.