Topics Map > Mac
Topics Map > Canvas > General
Topics Map > Canvas > Students
OS X - Adding a PDF From Canvas to iBooks
Students using OS X and other OS operating systems that are linked to their Apple ID login have the ability to download, add, and access PDFs from iBooks. These documents will be available to them from any system that is logged into their Apple ID.
This document will assist in the process of downloading and adding documents from Canvas to your iBooks account.
*Log into your Canvas portal via the (nmsu.instructure.com) or through the link from (my.nmsu.edu) to begin. Click here
for login assistance with Canvas and here
1. After logging in choose a course that you wish to download a document from.
2. From the course menu, on the left side of your screen, click on the Files link.
3. If your instructor has uploaded documents these will be listed. Here you will find the desired document and choose to download.
4. You will now need to navigate to the Dock and open iBooks.
5. After iBooks has opened click on Files on the top left of your screen and click on the Add to Library option. A separate window will open where you will select the Downloads files on the far left, find the name of the document (e.g. Heidegger) that has been downloaded, and finally click Add, found in the bottom right of this screen.