NMSU Services - Find and Request Books Through Interlibrary Loan
The libraries on NMSU's campus offer a number of physical and electronic resources for use by students, faculty, and staff. However, during your research, you may need access to a book or article that NMSU does not have. In this event, you can get access to these resources through Interlibrary Loan.
Note: If you still searching or unsure of the resource's author and publication information, start at step 1. If you have the authors/editors, title, and publication information already please start at step 4.
Finding and requesting a book through Interlibrary Loan
- From the NMSU's Library homepage, search for the book you need in the Use WorldCat to search other libraries .
- If the book you're looking for is available at NMSU, you'll see Held by: New Mexico State University  listed beneath the book's title, author, and publication information. These books can be rents through the NMSU campus library. Books that are unavailable at NMSU will display a blank area  where the Held by: section normally is.
- Once you've located the resource you would like to rent, select the publication's title in blue . This will redirect you to the selected publication's page; listing publication, edition, format, and availability information. From the expanded Availability menu, select the blue Request Item through Interlibrary Loan button . This will redirect you to a new page to log into the NMSU Request It.
- At the NMSU Request It! Logon page, input your myNMSU username and password into the appropriate fields then select the Logon to Request It button. NMSU Request It Logon can also be accessed here.
- If you're accessing the Request It! page from a NMSU WorldCat search, you will see a Request form with many or all of the required fields filled in. If you're accessing the Request It! page independently, select the type of form you would like to fill out from the New Request menu displayed towards the top left of the page. Once selected, fill in as many of the given fields as possible, but at a minimum make sure to fill in the fields demarcated with a red asterisk. After the form has been filled in (either manually or automatically), scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Submit Request.
- After submitting your request, you will be redirected to the Request It! home page and you will see the item you just requested listed under the Outstanding Requests header. You can use this area to check on the status of your request and keep track the each request made. Once a request has been filled, the item will be removed from the Outstanding Requests list on the homepage.
- You will receive an email notification once your request has arrived. These items can be picked up from the Zuhl Library main desk using your NMSU ID. Information about requested resources can be accessed via the Request It! website at any time. Request It! can be accessed via lib.nmsu.edu > Services > Interlibrary Loan or the link listed on step 4.