Cognos - Scheduling a Report
You can schedule entries that are stored in IBM® Cognos® Connection, such as reports, queries, and agents so that they run at a time that is convenient for you.
In this exercise, you will learn to:
- Save a report as a report view
- Schedule a report so it runs daily
- Use the schedule management tool to view the status of the schedule
- Open IBM Cognos Connection:
- Start your Web browser.
- In the address bar, type the URL supplied by your administrator, and then press Enter. The URL looks something like this: http://servername/cognos
- In the IBM Cognos Welcome page, click IBM Cognos content. In the Public Folders tab, click Samples, Models, GO Data Warehouse (analysis), and Query Studio Report Samples.
- Locate the Return Quantity by Product Line Chart report. You can also use any one of the IBM Cognos sample reports.
- Create a report view for a daily view of the report:
A new entry appears in IBM Cognos Connection, with the report view icon.
- Under Actions, click the Report View icon next to the report.
- In the Name box, remove the words Report View of from the beginning of the name, type (daily) at the end of the name, and click Finish.
- Schedule the report view to run daily:
- Click the Schedule icon next to the entry.
- Under Frequency, click the By Day tab.
- Accept the default time and other defaults.
- Click OK.
- Check the schedule:
- Click My Area Options , My Activities, and Schedules.
- Click Schedules.
- In the Filter pane, select Any status and Any priority, and click Apply.
ResultsYour report view appears in the list of scheduled reports.