Cloud Storage - Services Available and Capacities
There are a variety of cloud storage services available to students that can be used to backup and access files from any computer with an internet connection and/or mobile devices.
This document will provide students with a list of cloud services and the corresponding links to the individual access portals.
*Note: Some of these services have the option to expand the amount of storage, for an additional cost.
Service 1: One Drive
- This service is available through the "free to students" software download of Office 365.
- Click here for a guide to installing Office 365.
- Below is a quick guide for access to One Drive.
Step 1: Log into the myNMSU homepage using your myNMSU username and password.
*If you need assistance with this please click here
for a document of how to log into myNMSU.
Step 2: Once logged in, navigate to the options under the Quick Links tab, on the left side of your screen, and you will see Launchpad, here click the Office 365 (Apps) link.
Step 3: A new window will open. Here you will have access to all of the application included with your Office 365 access. Click on the One Drive tab to access this application. You can upload, share, and access all your the documents you make available through One Drive from this tab.
*There are no additional charges for students using this service. Additionally, the WEPA print kiosks support direct print from the One Drive.
*For any further questions about Office 365 you can use the search term "Office 365" here in the Knowledge Base (KB) that will address some of the most common questions about this service.
Service 2: Google Drive
- This service is available to anyone with a Gmail or Google login.
- Below is a quick guide for access to Google Drive
Step 1: Type in www.google.com in the URL/Address bar and press enter/return. After the page loads navigate to the top right of the page and click Sign In.
Step 2: Sign In or Sign up using your @gmail email address.
*If you do not have a gmail.com email and/or a Google login you can click here
to go to the main Google page to get started and follow the link indicated below to sign-up for a Google account.
Step 3: After completing either of these processes you will be returned to the main Google page. From here navigate to the top right of the page again click on the squares which will open an icon list of services and click on Drive.
Service 3: Amazon
- Amazon's cloud service offers unlimited photo storage for Prime subscribers and/or 5 Gb of shared file/video/photo storage.
- Below is a quick guide for access to Amazon storage.
Step 1: Type in www.amazon.com into your URL/Search bar on your browser.
Step 2: On the right side of the screen hover (do not click) over the menu titled Account & Lists. Here you will need to sign-in or create an Amazon account to proceed.
*This cloud storage option is only available to anyone with an Amazon account (this is free to make). There is a discounted rate for an Amazon Prime subscription offered to students.
Step 3: After signing in go back to the same menu and navigate to the Your Amazon Drive option. Here you will be able to access, upload, and download files that you make available via this service.
Service 4: iCloud
- Apple's iCloud service is available to anyone that creates an Apple ID sign in and offers unlimited storage of Apple proprietary purchases (e.g. movies, music, applications, photos stored on Apple products) and 5 Gb of storage.
- Below is a quick guide for access to iCloud storage services.
Step 1: Type www.icloud.com into your URL/Address bar and press enter/return.
Step 2: After the page loads you will find the sign-in box, as shown below, here enter in your Apple ID and Password.
*If you do not have an Apple ID you can click on the link titled "Do not have an Apple ID? Create yours now.".