Topics Map > Network Devices > Netgear
NETGEAR - Block Internet Sites on my Router Using Genie User Interface
This article will guide you on how to set up a NETGEAR router to block internet sites using the genie web user interface. You can use keywords to block certain internet sites from your network. You can set blocking to always or base it on a schedule.
If you wish to block services, see How do I block services from the internet on my router using the NETGEAR genie user interface?.
If you have an older router with Smart Wizard, see How do I block access to internet sites and services on my NETGEAR router using Smart Wizard?.
To block internet sites:
- Launch an internet browser from a computer or wireless device that is connected to the network.
- Visit http://www.routerlogin.net. If http://www.routerlogin.net does not work, try the following:
- You are prompted to enter a username and password. Enter the following default login credentials:
Note: username and password are both case sensitive
- Username: admin
- Password: password
Note: If the default login credentials do not work, you might have changed the admin password. If you cannot remember your new password, you must perform a factory reset to restore the router to its factory default settings. For more information, see Restoring a NETGEAR home router to the factory default settings
NETGEAR genie displays.
- Click ADVANCED > Security > Block Sites.
- Select one of the Keyword Blocking options:
- In the Keyword field, enter a keyword or internet site that you want to block.
- Click Add Keyword.
The keyword or website is added to the keyword list.
- Click Apply.
Keyword blocking takes effect.