Topics Map > Network Devices > Netgear
NETGEAR - Slingbox is not Working With New Router
This document is meant to assist you when the Internet is working but not able to make Slingbox work. When I put my old router, the Slingbox work. When I put the new router, Slingbox does not work.
Cause: You replaced the router that was originally connected your Slingbox. In this case, the Slingbox was set up to work with your original router and now needs a new IP address from your new router.
You need to reset your Slingbox. You must be on your home network and be able to physically access the Slingbox.
- With your Slingbox powered on, press and hold the Reset button on the back of the Slingbox for five seconds.
- The lights on the front of the Slingbox quickly flash from left to right and then flash slowly.
- The Slingbox is reset after 30 seconds.
- Once reset, the Power light stays solid.
- If your Slingbox is connected to your router, the Network light will also go on when it receives an IP address.
Please visit the Slingbox website for more details, http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-1000038.html.