A full scan checks the following:
- Memory is scanned.
- The Windows registry is scanned.
- All local hard drives are scanned.
The following sections are covered:
- What to do
- Related information
- Feedback and contact
Applies to the following Sophos products and versions
Sophos Endpoint Security and Control 10.7.2
Sophos Endpoint Security and Control 10.6.4
Sophos Endpoint Security and Control 10.6.3
Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows 2000+
What to do
- Right-click the Sophos shield and select Open Sophos Endpoint Security and Control.
- From the Home screen click on Scans.
- Click Set up a new scan.
- Enter a Scan name and check all local drives.
- Click Configure this scan.
- On the Scanning tab, check the following:
- Adware and PUAs
- Suspicious files
- Scan all files
- On the Cleanup tab ensure the option Automatically clean up items that contain virus/spyware is checked and click OK.
- Click Save and start to begin the scan.
The scan will start and show the progress in a new window with an activity summary shown in the left-hand panel.
Any items found will be shown in the Quarantine manager at the end of the scan.