- Check the registration number. Ensure you typed it correctly.
- Change the URL to http://www.mcafee.com/activate and try again.
Topics Map > Anti-Virus Software > McAfee
McAfee - Redeem Your Software Retail Card and Activate Your Subscription
Follow these steps to redeem a McAfee software product card that you purchased in a store.
After you redeem the card, you can download and install your McAfee software and activate your subscription.
- Open a web browser and go to the link shown on your retail card (for example mcafee.com/activate).
- Select your country and language.
The registration page tries to select the correct region, but it might not always get this right. Confirm that the region is correct before you continue.
- The activation code from your retail card.
- Your Email Address.
- Click Submit.
- When prompted, check that your Email Address is correct. If your email address is incorrect:
- Click Edit to return to the previous screen.
- Correct your email address.
- Click Verify.
Your subscription is now activated.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to create a McAfee account and install your McAfee software.
If you need help with the installation, see TS101831 for instructions.
View this video to learn how to activate your product subscription:
To view and subscribe to more videos, visit the official McAfee YouTube channel.
If you have a problem while redeeming your card and activating your subscription, click the message that you see and follow the steps:
If you are still unable to install and activate your product after following the steps above, contact Customer Service.