Topics Map > Web Browser > Firefox
Firefox - Download and Install on Windows
This article explains how to download and install Firefox on Windows using a simplified online installer.
(Advanced users: see the For advanced users section at the end of the article.)
- To update Firefox from a previous version, see Update Firefox to the latest version.
Before installing Firefox, see the Firefox System Requirements to make sure that your computer has the required operating system and recommended hardware.
- Visit this Firefox download page in any browser, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Alternatively, use this download link for the latest English (U.S.) Firefox version.
- Click the here).
button. The Firefox Installer that downloads will automatically offer you the best available version of Firefox for your computer. For example, if you have a 64-bit version of Windows, you are offered the 64-bit version of Firefox (details
- If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer, a notification bar will appear at the bottom of the page with the options to run the installer or save the file to your computer. Click to start the process.
- In other browsers, you may need to first save the Firefox installer to your computer, then open the file you downloaded.
Note: If you see an Open File - Security Warning dialog, click .
- Wait for Firefox to finish installing.
Note: The Firefox Installer may contain an Update or Re-install button and an option to restore default settings and remove add-ons, if a very outdated Firefox version or very old profile data is detected. Clear the checkbox to keep the old data and click or to start the installation.
- When the installation is complete, Firefox will open.
Here are some articles that can help you:
- Firefox won't start - find solutions
- "Firefox is already running but is not responding" error message - How to fix it
- If you see the message, Firefox cannot be installed. This version of Firefox requires a processor with SSE2 support. see Your hardware is no longer supported.
For advanced users
The Firefox download page provides a streamlined online installer that automatically installs a suitable Firefox version for your operating system with no options to change settings such as the installation folder location. If you need a full, offline installer, if you want to choose the language and operating system or if you want to customize your Firefox installation, visit the Systems & Languages page instead. From that page, find your language and then download either the Windows 32-bit Firefox version or, for 64-bit operating systems with Windows 7 and above, the Windows 64-bit version of Firefox. Options available in the full, offline installer are described in the article, Custom installation of Firefox on Windows.