Topics Map > Web Browser > Firefox
Firefox - Uninstall from your Computer
This article describes how to uninstall the Firefox application for supported operating systems. If you are planning to uninstall and reinstall Firefox to fix problems you may be having, you should first read Troubleshoot and diagnose Firefox problems.
Table of Contents
- Uninstall Firefox
- Remove user data and settings
- Close Firefox (if Firefox is open):
- Open the Applications folder in Finder.
- Drag the Firefox application to the Trash.
Remove user data and settings
- If you want to preserve your bookmarks, passwords, cookies, and other user data and settings, see Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles.
- Delete the Firefox folder that contains the Profiles folder and the profiles.ini file - see How do I find my profile? for the location.