Topics Map > Web Browser > Firefox
Firefox Live Bookmarks - Subscribe to a Webpage for News and Updates
If you check specific websites for new content on a regular basis, Live Bookmarks can deliver the most recent updates to you, without having to visit the site.
Note: Live Bookmarks will only work with sites that offer web feeds.
When a web feed is available from a web page, you can use Firefox to subscribe to it as a Live Bookmark. Firefox checks your Live Bookmarks every hour for updates, which enables you to stay current with the latest information from your favorite sites.
- Live Bookmarks work with any web feed in RSS, RDF, or Atom format.
Table of Contents
- Add a Live Bookmark
- View Live Bookmarks
- Reload Live Bookmarks
- Delete a Live Bookmark
Add a Live Bookmark
- On the menu bar, click the menu.
- If the site has a feed, the
- If available, choose between feeds or comments.
- Pick a name for your Live Bookmark and choose where to save it. By default, it'll be saved to the Bookmarks Toolbar. Then click .
- That is it! Your Live Bookmark is created.
View Live Bookmarks
Live Bookmarks are saved as folders in Bookmarks Toolbar or Menu, like bookmarks.
- To see what's new, click it to view the latest items from the feed.
- To view a page from the feed, select the item in the menu.
- To view the feed home page, select (e.g. ).
Reload Live Bookmarks
Live bookmarks automatically reload every hour, but you can reload them manually: Hold down the Ctrl key while you click on the Live Bookmark and select .
Delete a Live Bookmark
Deleting a Live Bookmark is the same as deleting regular bookmarks. Hold down the Ctrl key while you click on the Live Bookmark and select .